The lunge is one of the 7 foundational movement patterns that every active person should know how to do. There are many advantages to including lunges to your Routine.
- HOW TO LUNGE:
- Step forward with one leg in front of the other with toes pointing forward
- Bend the knees while keeping the core stabilized and the back upright
- Push off from the heels in order to return to the standing upright position
- Alternate legs
PURPOSE OF THE LUNGE:
- The lunge is used in nearly every type of modern and traditional sport, dance style, and martial arts form around the world.
- The lunge increases hip flexibility and strengthens the hamstring, quadriceps and gluteus maximus.
Additional LUNGE VARIATIONS
Reverse Lunge Combo
Split Squat/Rear Foot Elevated (Bulgarian Split Squat)
plit Squat/front Foot Elevated