Tepary Bean Hummus is a smooth, creamy and zesty addition to your home menu. We call it ‘Indigenous Hummus’ because it’s made with Tepary beans, also known as "S-toa Bawi” or “To:ta Bawi" to the O’otham people of Arizona where the bean has existed since time immemorial.
Tepary Beans are low glycemic and are a healthier option as a dip. It's great for family and community gatherings.
1. Soak 1.5 cups of beans over night (cleaned)
2. Boil beans on high temp in 4 cups of water for 60-90 mins
3. Add cooked beans to a blender
4. Add squeezed juice from two lemons
5. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil
6. Add 1 tablespoon of organic garlic power (or 1.5 tablespoon of fresh minced garlic)
7. Add 1 teaspoon of pink salt
8. Add 1/2 cup of water
9. Blend all ingredients together until texture is smooth and creamy 10. Serve with fresh veggies